Sunday, October 30, 2011

Weekend at the Cabin Granny Pillow




Years ago, when I spent a summer in Germany, Susanne Loechel made me a pillow. It was gorgeous and I loved it, but somehow, part of it got scorched. (Maybe it fell against the heat register? I don't know.) So I had to get rid of the cover, but the inside was still in perfectly good shape. I washed and dried it (feathers all over the place!) and then decided to give it new life.



I chose the colours for this pillow based on this photo that I stumbled upon online. My colours ended up being darker, and I'd like to try again for a lighter feel, but I'm happy with this one. I used a granny square pattern from the Edie Eckman book Beyond-the-Square Crochet Motifs, free-styled a border, and made a giant simple granny square for the back. The last bit of edging is from this pattern.



I still have a bit of left-over yarn, so maybe I'll make a smaller pillow with plain grannys. Who knows?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is great!!!