Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Copics...a learning curve


Well, I've taken the plunge and bought some Copic markers. They take a bit of practice to use, but I'm liking them a lot! I've never had a lot of success with shading, but I think I'm getting the hand of it with these markers.


This image (Oakley, whom I have re-named Oliver) was stamped on SU! Whisper White with SU! Basic Black and Versamark ink, which was heat embossed with clear embossing poweder so that the ink wouldn't smudge. I used R59, W0, YR00, E00, E31, E34, E35, E37, and E57, mostly because I don't own very many other colours yet! (There's a rather large shipment on it's way to me, though...)



I stamped Oliver twice and cut out his pants and shoes from the second image. Then I glued the top of his pants down and used dimenstionals under his shoes. When I placed him on the bench, I did the same time, this time using glue under his seat and dimensionals on his back.

I've bought an envelope-full of other Whiff-of-Joy images, so hopefully there will be more postings featuring cards made with them!



No comments: