Saturday, August 15, 2009

Card Box

First of all, credit where credit is due:
The tutorial this is based on is at Stampin' Gal Val's blog.
I found some very inspiring pictures of this project at Simply Caffeinated and at this SCS gallery.


Each box includes the box (really!) with a plastic insert to protect the contents, 4 cards, 4 matching envelopes, and 8 text stickers so people can choose their own sentiments. I'll be selling these at Corn & Apple here in Morden!

I've made 6 of these so far, each with a different design: cherries, orange slices, birds, roses, and this one. Once you get into the groove, they don't take long at all!

A little technique note: I coloured the flowers by wiping my blender pen on an ink pad and then using that to colour the image. I based my colour choices (Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Kraft) on some retired SU! DSP.

Detailed instructions with pictures will follow, but I wanted to get a new post out there!

1 comment:

kareN stampZ said...

Dawn this is a very lovely project - thanks for stopping by my blog & leaving such a lovely comment. I see you've also got a cooking blog (which is very scrummy) - do check mine out too www.karencancook.blogspot.com

thanks again Karen