Sunday, August 16, 2009

I do love a good CASE!

In the stamping world, a CASE stands for 'copy and slightly alter' or 'copy and share everything'. Basically, if you are inspiried by someone else's work, copy it, and alter some of the elements, that's CASEing.

I found an absolutely gorgeous card over at Ilina Crause's blog. I knew I wanted to CASE it, so I used her basic layout design, the same stamp set, the same DSP, and the same colours. I changed the small panel, added a butterfly stamp, changed the size o
f the card to 5" x 7", changed the orientation of the card to portrait, and decorated the inside. I also added 3 word stickers to every card. (These are stamps from the 'Wonderful Words' set that I stamped on Whisper White, cut out, and attached double-sided tape to the back.) I left out the ribbon and the brads. Oh, and I changed the scallops too!

One thing I definitely wanted to keep the same was the rose arrangement. Flower arranging - either on paper on in real life - is not my forte, and I really like Ilina's work, so why mess with a good thing, right?

Here's the card that resulted:
and the inside of said card:

3 comments:

Busym1 said...

Very pretty! Hugs, michelle

Anonymous said...

I especially love the finished inside! Beautiful!

ChristineCreations said...

This is such a pretty design, elegant and still clean looking!